Head of Marketing & communication
Contexte du recrutement et définition de poste
Compétences Phenix is looking for a Head of Marketing & communication for MerConcept.
This job description sets out the scope of Head of Marketing & communication at MerConcept. It does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their line manager.
Big picture is making able MerConcept to raise his brand value and customer expectations through all required means as internal, external, events, press. This, to position MerConcept as one of the leading company in sustainable, innovative and performant boat builder market + winning offshoe sailing project manager.
- Reporting to :
- Line reports :
Board of directors
- Scope of work :
The Head of Marketing & Communications role is responsible for setting the strategic Com’s and marketing direction and delivering our sponsorship program. This includes leading our press office function, working with internal and external teams to lead the comms and marketing team of 3.
Main responsabilities :
- Lead and motivate the team to deliver our 360 Communication programme to raise the recognition of MerConcept, connect people to our services, embed and build the MerConcept brand.Coordonate content strategy and timeline with the dedicated ressource in the dpt
- Manage MerConcept offer on a dynamic context and on transversal way with other departement involved.
- Work collaboratively with teams across the organisation to deliver the earned media approach to core campaign activity. (Including Social media and all content production in term of design at least.)
- Lead on proactive management. Be the first point of contact in a communication crises.
- Champion and advocate the brand, supporting and motivating teams across the organisation to adopt our tone of voice and messaging
- Be a leading part of MerConcept– championing the approach, contributing to setting strategic direction and working with colleagues across the organisation to embed ways of working, processes and behaviours to ensure effective and efficient collaborative working.
- Motivate, support and manage 3 direct reports– supporting them through significant period of change.
- Effectively manage Communication and marketing budget, resourcing processes and risk
- Key skills & experience :
- A senior level of communication in sport with strong and successful technical lead experience
- Experience of leading a team
- A high knowledge in sport
- Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of project methodologies
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and strategy and implementation communication
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and board level
- English is a significant plus.
- Key Behaviours
- Leading and managing a sector leading press office – generating powerful media coverage that is in line with comms strategy. Cultivate a proactive and brave culture within the team.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful national consumer PR programmes, that increase share of voice and generate cut through.
- Significant line management experience including embedding new ways of working and supporting teams through periods of significant change App/Int
- Agency management – experience of working and leading agencies to deliver results.
- Experience of crises management as well as proactive and reactive reputation management
- Naturally collaborative approach - working with colleagues to agree shared strategic direction, developing and championing integrated processes and behaviours to encourage a ‘one team’ approach and attitude
- Self-starter used to working in fast paced, results driven environment.